Wednesday, February 15, 2017

A Dog's Purpose by Bruce Cameron

Heartwarming, insightful, and often laugh-out-loud funny, A Dog’s Purpose is not only the emotional and hilarious story of a dog’s many lives, but also a dog’s-eye commentary on human relationships and the unbreakable bonds between man and man’s best friend. This moving and beautifully crafted story teaches us that love never dies, that our true friends are always with us, and that every creature on earth is born with a purpose.
This book hit me straight in my heart. I have lost my beloved, Shadow just last Memorial Day of 2016. Shadow was a huge part of my life, and he passed at home just months short of celebrating his 15th birthday. I miss him every moment, of everyday. On to the book. This book follows a dog that has many lives, many experiences, and a bittersweet ending. I cried during and long after this book. It is written from a dog's perspective, which I absolutely loved. It's sad, funny, and really pulled at my heart and soul. I blazed through this book in two days, and I even inspired my non-reading sister, who adores dogs, to read this book. She also laughed and cried throughout the book. If you are a dog lover, or have lost a dog, I recommend this book. It gives me hope in finding my very loved and deeply missed, Shadow. I hope to see you again my fat belly boy, Shadow. I miss you every moment, of everyday. August 18, 2001-May 31, 2016

No comments:

Post a Comment